Certain foreign-born people are considered by law to be United States citizens either because one or more of their parents were U.S. citizens at the time of their birth abroad or because they were living in the United States as lawful permanent residents and were under 18 when one or more of their parents naturalized.  There are many people living in the United States that are U.S. citizens and do not realize it.  If you believe you may have derived or acquired U.S. citizenship through a parent, there is a process to obtain a certificate from the Department of Homeland Security.

If you have questions about naturalization or citizenship, contact us for a consultation with an attorney. We will determine if you have a valid claim to U.S. citizenship and may help you to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship and U.S. Passport.